Customer Service Centre Rep
The Customer Support Centre Representative is responsible for the customer service experience as provided to all contractors, builders and residential customers via electronic resources; telephone and Internet. The Customer Support Centre Representative must have the ability to effectively communicate to customers and coworkers, gaining an understanding of customer needs, as they pertain to the construction industry, and meeting those needs in an optimal fashion.
Reports to: Branch Asst. Manager
Location: Stoney Creek
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes customers by greeting them via the telephone and Internet offering their assistance with questions related to products and quotations.
- Provides superior customer service.
- Answers incoming calls in an efficient and timely manner.
- Directs customer to branch location of requested products.
- Ensures customer needs are met in a positive manner.
- Deals with customer questions and concerns
- Advises customers by providing knowledge of products and services; using resources when required to make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop proficient knowledge of Turkstra Lumber products and services.
- Qualify opportunities by identifying customer needs and budgets
- Helps customer to make best selection for their specified project.
- Up sell where able.
- Overcome competitive sales objections.
- Documents sale by following proper sales procedure.
- Processes customer sale through the proper use of the POS system.
- Close sales and meets daily sales goals.
- Keeps customers informed by notifying them of sales and of future merchandise that may be of potential interest.
- Ensures the availability of products and services through inventory checks.
- Coordinates consultations, sales quotes and further inquires with the Branches as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks and helping to achieve Company goals.
- Successfully sell and manage inbound leads.
- Understands and contributes to Turkstra Lumber culture; maintaining an awareness competing markets conditions, competitor products and pricing.
- Sustains Inside Sales Centre cleanliness and required maintenance.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for any and all other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with proper training and certification requirements.
- General interest in the construction industry
- Experience or knowledge with related products and services
- Vocational training an asset
- Experience of construction industry an asset
- Customer focused
- People skills
- Listening skills
- Product Knowledge
- General math skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer (PC) literate
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Minimum lift requirements of 66 lbs