The Builder is responsible for assembling a roof truss as per provided drawings. The Builder must have the ability to effectively communicate with fellow Builders to ensure the superior quality of finished products and demonstrate efficient work habits. The Builder is expected to understand and adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines to ensure the safety of themselves and all those involved.
Location: Turkstra Lumber Industries
Address: 304 Station Rd. Smithville, ON
Day Shift: 7am to 3pm
Apply: email “Truss Builder” in header to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS POSITION IS SUITABLE IF YOU ENJOY HANDS ON WORK IN A WAREHOUSE ENVIRONMENT
*TRAINING IS PROVIDED*
Turkstra Lumber is a family owned business providing a safe and enjoyable work environment. In 2017 the company received the Best Managed Company award. If you are looking to work as part of a team, and enjoy physical labour you are the right fit!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read drawings as outlined on truss table.
- Take lumber off the carts and place into the truss table.
- Place plates within ¼” onto configured truss.
- Ability to safely operate equipment to press in plates.
- Eject truss to outfeed roller.
- Maintain open communication with yard staff and office staff.
- Protect and support the business, customers and fellow bystanders by completing legally required circle checks, exercising proper loading and securing techniques and the wearing of required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Sustains yard and shop cleanliness and required maintenance.
- General interest in the construction industry
- Experience or knowledge with lumber related products and services an asset
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Communication skills
- Quality control
- Detailed oriented
- General math skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Minimum lift requirements of 66 lbs
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to step on and off truss table