Yard Foreman will be required to act as the main contact for all field personnel, and for all materials and tools in the yard. Responsibilities will include the development and implementation of inventory systems, analysis of trends, reporting on activities, maintaining the yard to ensure workplace safety, inspection of materials and equipment to ensure proper working condition, and efficiently storing all materials. Other responsibilities will include the scheduling, tracking and coordination of materials delivery, management of resources, and the maintenance of accurate records with performance reviews.
Location Required: Smithville
- Customer Focus
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- High Energy
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Strong work ethic
- Integrity in dealing with customers and employees
- Organizational skills
- Staff Management
- Lumber/Building Materials Product Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Physical ability to lift/load
- Develop and implement inventory systems for construction materials, small tools and construction products. Includes items like dimensional lumber, steel forms, barrier walls, chipping guns, plate tampers, grouts and sandblast sand.
- Analyzes trends, determines method of reporting and distributes reports on a bi-weekly basis to Operations, Estimating and Project management.
- Maintain property surrounding office and shop, including weed control, litter control and keeps yard and grounds in organized, professional manner.
- Serves as main contact for all field personnel, and for all materials and small tools in the yard.
- Inspect all equipment and materials when returned to the yard; thoroughly check equipment to make sure it is in working condition and store materials in an orderly fashion.
- Work with dispatcher to develop a scheduling system to coordinate, track and provide trucking for delivery of materials to jobsites and manage resources in and out of the yard.
- Maintains accurate inventory records and provides performance and status reports.
- Implement efficient storage methods, yielding ready accessibility of materials, permitting efficient space utilization and flexibility of arrangement, minimizes material deterioration and allows ease of physical inventory.
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1+ years experience as a Yard Foreman
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations may be required, including construction sites
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Working in the extreme weather conditions outdoors