Account Manager – Waterdown, Cambridge, Stoney Creek and Ridgeway/Smithville
The Account Manager is responsible for acting as the primary contact for builders, renovators and or private home owners with a special project. The Account Manager must have the ability to effectively prepare lumber estimates, present truss and EWP estimates, sell and measure interior trim and doors, sell windows and doors for replacement or new construction, sell exterior steel, insulation and drywall.
Reports to: Branch Manager and Director of Sales
Location: Waterdown, Cambridge, Stoney Creek and Ridgeway/Smithville
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains high standard of professionalism while liaising, consulting and communicating with customers regarding special projects.
- Meets Company standards for customer service through meeting and identifying current and future needs of customers through friendly rapport and relationship building.
- Analyzes blue prints and preliminary drawings.
- Completes quantity take-offs for all products required including lumber, windows, EWP, Trusses, Trim, and Doors etc.
- Deals directly with vendors and complete special orders as required.
- Completes basic Truss designs from price book as required.
- Ensures the availability of products and services through coordinating with Managers and Manufacturing plants to fill customer orders; arranging and prioritizing deliveries.
- Coordinates with specific Branches for specialized quotes.
- Supports the sales efforts of the Outside Sales Staff by assisting in the completion of take-offs, quotations, etc.
- Meets financial objectives by overseeing the management of accounts receivable for all assigned accounts.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for any and all other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with proper training and certification requirements.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Completion of a three year College program in civil or construction engineering technology; or several years experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as plumbing or carpentry.
- Knowledge of building codes
- Experience of construction industry an asset
- Computer (PC) literate
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace work environment
- Customer focused
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Product Knowledge
- Detailed oriented
- General math skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Comfortable in an office environment
- Comfortable making periodic site visits; mileage expensed
- Minimum lift requirements of 66 lbs
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Turkstra Lumber is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.