Reports to: Branch Manager and General Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains high standard of professionalism while liaising, consulting and communicating with customers regarding special projects.
- Meets Company standards for customer service through meeting and identifying current and future needs of customers through friendly rapport and relationship building.
- Analyzes blue prints and preliminary drawings.
- Completes accurate quantity take-offs for all products required including lumber, windows, EWP, Trusses, Trim, and Doors etc.
- Deals directly with vendors and complete special orders as required.
- Completes basic Truss designs from price book as required.
- Ensures the availability of products and services through coordinating with Managers and Manufacturing plants to fill customer orders; arranging and prioritizing deliveries.
- Coordinates with specific Branches for specialized quotes.
- Supports the sales efforts of the Outside Sales Staff by assisting in the completion of take-offs, quotations, etc.
- Meets financial objectives by overseeing the management of accounts receivable for all assigned accounts.
- Supports the branch staff as necessary by assisting on counter during rush periods or when account manager duties are up to date or in a lull.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for any and all other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with proper training and certification requirements.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Completion of a three year College program in civil or construction engineering technology; or several years experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as plumbing or carpentry.
- Knowledge of building codes
- Experience of construction industry an asset
- Computer (PC) literate
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace work environment
- Customer focused
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Product Knowledge
- Detail oriented
- General math skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Comfortable in an office environment
- Comfortable making periodic site visits; mileage expensed
- Minimum lift requirements of 66 lbs
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Turkstra Lumber is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.