Counter Staff at
The Counter Staff are responsible for the customer service experience as provided to all contractors, builders and residential customers. The Counter Staff must have the ability to effectively communicate to customers and coworkers, gaining an understanding of customer needs, as they pertain to the construction industry, and meeting those needs in an optimal fashion. The Counter Staff are responsible for ensuring inventory is available on the floor and the Branch is kept clean and presentable at all times.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes customers by greeting them as they enter the Branch and offering their assistance; includes friendly customer service via the telephone.
- Directs, and when able, leads customer to proper location of requested products.
- Advises customers by providing knowledge of products and services; using resources where required.
- Assists customer to make best selection for their specified project.
- Documents sale by following proper sales procedure.
- Processes customer sale through the proper use of the POS system.
- Keeps customers informed by notifying them of sales status and additional merchandise that may be of potential interest.
- Ensures the availability of products and services through inventory checks and stocking shelves as levels require.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks and helping to achieve Branch goals.
- Sustains store cleanliness and required maintenance.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for any and all other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with proper training and certification requirements.
- General interest in the construction industry
- Experience or knowledge with related products and services
- Vocational training an asset
- Experience of construction industry an asset
- Customer focused
- People skills
- Listening skills
- Product Knowledge
- General math skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer (PC) literate
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Minimum lift requirements of 66 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Turkstra Lumber is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.