Reports to: Branch Manager and Yard Foreman
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets production drawings as outlined on the truss table and assembles trusses accordingly.
- Properly handles all material while checking for quality and defects.
- Ensures product is manufactured to precise specifications.
- Carries out proper safety and cleaning protocol on production lines, machinery and equipment.
- Completes machinery and equipment inspections.
- Ensure all activities are recorded and logs up to date through production software.
- Uses various hand tools to perform tasks, such as measuring tapes, fastening devices, hammers, etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Truss assembly – Training provided.
- Forklift operation.
- Lifting and handling materials.
- Accurately read truss prints.
- Quality control.
- Interest in the construction industry.
- Ability to use construction related tools.
- Able to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment.
- Construction and/or forklift experience as asset.
- Minimum lift requirements of 66 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Verbal communication skills
- Product knowledge
- Detailed oriented
- General math skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
Perks and Benefits:
- Benefit package.
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan.
- Target bonuses.
- Company events.
- Employee discounts.
- Safety focused environment.
- Full time, permanent positions.
- Opportunity for overtime.
- $16.00 to $22.50/hr with industry experience
- As a condition of employment, all staff are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer prior to the start date.
Turkstra Lumber is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.