Reports to: Branch Manager and Yard Foreman
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets customers as they enter the yard while offering their assistance; supervising those in the yard at all times.
- Processes customer orders by locating and loading product.
- Advises customers by providing knowledge of products, their application and other services; using resources where required.
- Maintains open communication with yard staff and retail staff.
- Protects and supports the business, customers and fellow bystanders by ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Completes circle checks.
- Exercises proper load building, securing and unloading techniques.
- Wears personal protective equipment.
- Sustains yard cleanliness and required maintenance.
- Upholds company standards for customer service by meeting the delivery expectations of the customer and assisting the driver to deliver all product as scheduled, in good condition and rectifying variances as they occur.
- Supports the drivers by assisting to organize routes and delivery schedules to ensure efficient and timely service.
- Assists to process customer deliveries as scheduled while safeguarding against potential issues or complications.
- Assists driver to maintain proper maintenance of company vehicles.
- Aware of products being transported; adjusting loading, securing and dumping techniques as required.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for any and all other duties as may be required from time to time in accordance with proper training and certification requirements; includes acting as a secondary driver.
- General interest in the construction industry
- Experience or knowledge with related products and services
- Vocational training an asset
- Experience of construction industry an asset
- Load building, securing and dumping experience an asset
- Customer focused
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Product Knowledge
- Detailed oriented
- General math skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Minimum lift requirements of 66 lbs
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Turkstra Lumber is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees — their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.