Join Our Team at
65 years, 3 generations, and now over 250 employees. We’re not only a family owned company but also a company wide family.
Our motto is “Always on the Level”, and to us that means standing behind the products we sell, always being honest with our customers and providing the best one on one customer service that you can dream of. If being part of a great team and an amazing family is important to you AND you can help us to provide WORLD CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE then we’d love for you to join our team! Apply now!
Our team includes estimators, delivery specialists, sales professionals, retail and yard personnel and more!
Why Work For Turkstra?
Do you want a job that is challenging, rewarding and fun? Working at Turkstra Lumber is all of that – and then some! Here are just a few of the perks and benefits to working at Turkstra Lumber:
- Christmas party (includes giveaways!)
- Annual Branch outings chosen by staff
- Turkstra University (quality training programs)
- Surprise Anniversary Events (eg. 65th Anniversary Mexico Trip)
- Weekly seasonal Charity BBQs
- Employee/customer golf tournament
- Company sponsorship for local youth sports teams and Charity events (Walk for Breast Cancer, Winona Food Drive, Waterdown Colour Run, Coldest Night of the Year Walk, etc)
- Staff draws to win tickets to Hamilton Bull Dogs, Hamilton Tiger Cats and local theatre shows
- Competitive wages
- Benefit packages
- Deferred profit-sharing plan
- Financial bonuses
- Employee discounts
- Company-funded tuition grants/bursaries
- Employee assistance programs, and more!
Turkstra Lumber believes that our employees are the most essential factor in the successful operation of the company each and every day; each Turkstra Lumber employee should love what they do and look forward to coming into work. We invite you to enjoy a career at Turkstra Lumber!
Opportunities at Turkstra
The Counter Staff are responsible for the customer service experience as provided to all contractors, builders and residential customers.
The Yard Staff are responsible for the customer service experience as it is provided to contractors, builders and customers during the picking and loading of purchased products.
The Account Manager is responsible for acting as the primary contact for builders, renovators and or private home owners with a special project.
If you don’t see a posting for a position that’s the right fit for you, but you think you’re the right fit for Turkstra Lumber, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to get to know you better!